- Starting Friday June 12th all childcare centres in Ontario will be allowed to reopen with restrictions, as part of Stage 2.
- There will be limits on total capacity.
- Cleaning and disinfecting measures will be in place.
- Summer day camps will also be allowed to open with restrictions as part of Stage 2.
- Penalties by $1000 a day per child for health and safety infractions to be laid by MOL if centres are not following health, safety and sanitation measures.
- If parents do not want to put their children back into care, they will not lose their spot, and not incur any fees.
- First preference of spots to go to frontline workers.
Prime Minister’s Address
- Federal Government now has a small business financial hotline to connect small business owners with accountants and business advisors at 1-866-989-1080.
- Anticipated changes coming to CERB to make it more flexible (be able to earn some income above $1,000 without CERB coming off fully).